Thursday, June 13, 2013

How to Unclog a Bathtub Drain


While I was taking a shower yesterday, water suddenly didn't go down. It was terrible. However, I couldn't stop taking a shower. After my shower, water in a bathtub was almost full. I had never experienced before. I didn't know how to unclog a drain. I read others’ experiences online. Some of them recommended using Drano, a drain clog remover.

The way to use it is simple. First, pour it down a clogged drain. After 15 or 30 minutes, flush hot water. I followed the steps, but it didn't work. I was so embarrassed as to give up clearing the drain; I thought that I would ask a supervisor to unclog the drain the next day.

However, I wanted to try again in a different way before asking him. The way was to remove the two screws on the overflow plate with a bathtub trip lever, to take out a rod, and then to clean inside the drain. When I took out the rod, water in the bathtub suddenly ran well. I was surprised but happy. I made it. The solution was much simpler than I expected. I shouldn't have bought Drano.

 If you have the same problem like me, try my way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment