Tuesday, December 10, 2013

How to Reformat a Toshiba laptop to Factory Defaults without a Recovery CD

I habitually reformat my laptop once a year. Doing that is annoying. However, after reformatting, I feel like using new one. I actually need to back up my data. If I don't reformat, I tend not to back it up. In fact, when I neglected to back up my data, I lost all my important data. I have regularly tried to back up data since then.

Nowadays, reformatting your computer is not difficult because most of computer manufacturers make easy recovering laptops. After you set up few steps, most of laptops automatically reformat. Only the problem is that it takes a long time to recover your laptop and to install all software programs you use in the optimum condition.

Here are the steps to reformat a window 7 based Toshiba laptop to factory defaults without a recovery CD.

1. Turn on your laptop holding number zero. If you see a Toshiba logo, release number 0.

2. You can see a unusual screen, Toshiba Recovery Warning Screen. Click yes, but you should back up your data before restoring.


3. After then, if you see this screen below, select Recovery of Factory Default Software. If you select the second radio button, it takes much longer time. I recommend you to select the first one. 


4. Select "Recovery to out-of-box-state (System Recovery Options are included)." However, if you have partitions, you can choose the second radio button, Recovery without changing the hard drive partitions. Moreover, if you want to make partitions, you can select the third one, Recovery to a custom size partition.


5. After then, if you see the screen below, press Next. 


6. You can see the screen below; it's preparing for recovery and then starts to recover. 



7. After then, you just wait for finishing this process. You don't need to do anything. After Recovery of Factory Default Software process finishes, click Finish. I didn't take pictures of the following screens, so I can't show you. After finishing the process, your laptop automatically turns on and off; you should not touch anything during the process. 

8. After finishing such a process, you should set up Windows such as country, currency, time, keyboard, and so on.   

9. After recovery, you should install a security program at first because you need to protect your computer and then perform Windows Update. Finally, install all software programs you want. That's it. 

Here are a recover key of other brand laptops. However, they apply to only the models included Recovery of Factory Default Software.

Dell:  F8
HP:  F11
Samsung: F4
LG: F11
SONY: F10
ASUS: F9

No comments:

Post a Comment