Sunday, May 26, 2013

How to Create an Easy WiFi Hotspot with Connectify

People prefer to have wireless products day by day because the products offer the public convenient. When I used a desktop computer, I didn't like a lot of wire lines, which connected to the main computer. Even when I use a laptop, I wish that I could use it forever without a charger.

I’m used to connecting WiFi. However, when I moved to a new house, I couldn't access WiFi for a while. I had to find a solution in order to use my several Internet capable devices. Searching Google, I found out “Connectify.” It makes hotspot without a wireless router. It is so convenient and simple that the public can easily use it. However, it is good for light WiFi users. 

Here are the steps to use it.
  1. Visit the Connectify website: http://www.connectify.me

  2. Download the “Try Hotspot Light” version: it is free. However, if you are willing to buy the software, download “Hotspot PRO.” There is the difference between Hotspot Light and Hotspot PRO. Reference the image below.



3.  After download, install it: just a few clicks. However, if you want to keep using the free version, installing, don’t click the “update” button. If you do it, your hotspot automatically disconnects in every 2 hours and you will see a popup window, which asks you to purchase “Connectify.”


4.  Set a “Hotspot Name” and a “Password” : Hotspot Light can only change the name after 
     “Connectify-“
5.  Select “Ethernet” for “Internet to Share”; if you want to share the Internet by WiFi, you can  
     select “Wi-Fi.”
6.  Select “Wi-Fi” for “Share over” and “Wi-Fi Access Point, Encrypted(WPA2)” for “Sharing  
     Mode.”
7.  Click the “Start Hotspot” button.
8.  Set WiFi on your Smartphone, tablet PC, or other devices.
9.  After then, you can see devices which have connected to my Hotspot from the “Clients” tap in Connectify. 




No comments:

Post a Comment